There are many different kitchen staples that are highlighted during the holidays, chief among them are cranberries. Cranberries are a unique berry that boast a variety of vitamins and nutrients that help to promote internal health.
Unique to this recipe is the delightful combination of the cranberry’s tart-refreshing taste with the savory-earthy tastes of the squash and feta cheese. An added benefit to this recipe is the addition of honey which cuts through the other flavors with a subtle natural sweetness.
This recipe was adapted from the blog Peas and Crayons a great resource for those trying to add more vegetable variety to their day to day diet.
- 3 lb large butternut squash
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 2 TBSP of honey
- 1/4 cup finely crumbled feta
- Ground cinnamon to taste
- Fresh or dried parsley to garnish, optional
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly drizzle or spritz a baking sheet with olive oil.
- Peel and cube squash
- Add cubed squash to the sheet along with another drizzle of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with a light layer of salt, pepper, and garlic powder, based on taste preference.
- Roast at 400 F for 25 minutes on the center rack.
- At the 25 minute mark, pull out the oven rack, and add your fresh cranberries to the roasting pan.
- Return to the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the cranberries have started to soften and burst a bit
- Remove from oven and add a sprinkle of cinnamon to taste along with feta and honey.
- Garnish with parsley.
- Serve while hot