This easy kale, white bean, and lemon soup is light, healthy, and still cozy, just right for a weeknight dinner. About 30 minutes from start to finish and a meal in a bowl! If you don’t like kale, use your fave greens.
PREP TIME: 10 minutes COOK TIME: 20 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 30 minutes
- 1 teaspoon oil or broth
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning mix
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 cups white beans, cooked
- 3 cups fresh kale, chopped
- Zest and juice of a lemon
1. In a large pot, heat the oil or broth over low-medium. Once hot, add the onion and sauté for a minute or two, until soft and fragrant. Add the carrots and celery, and cook for another couple of minutes or until slightly softened. Stir in the garlic and cook briefly.
2. Pour the vegetable broth over the vegetables and stir in seasoning mix, pepper, and red pepper. Add the beans, increase the heat to high, and bring to a rolling boil. Reduce the heat to simmer for about 10-15 minutes, or until the carrots are tender.
3. Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the kale and lemon. Taste and season as necessary, and serve hot. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator or freezer.
Recipe Compliments of Lora Ulrich, TeamRPC Nutritionist