“In this healthy salmon dinner, you’ll get a dose of greens and green dressing! Chowing down on 6 or more servings of dark leafy greens a week can help keep your brain in top shape. This dish features the Test Kitchen’s current go-to method for doctoring a can of chickpeas: spice them up and roast until crispy.”
Recipe created by Breana Killeen
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt, divided, plus a pinch
- 1 (15 ounce) can no-salt-added chickpeas, rinsed
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1Position racks in upper third and middle of oven; preheat to 425°F.
- 2Combine 1 tablespoon oil, paprika and ¼ teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Very thoroughly pat chickpeas dry, then toss with the paprika mixture. Spread on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake the chickpeas on the upper rack, stirring twice, for 30 minutes.
- 3Meanwhile, puree buttermilk, mayonnaise, herbs, ¼ teaspoon pepper and garlic powder in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- 4Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add kale and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add water and continue cooking until the kale is tender, about 5 minutes more. Remove from heat and stir in a pinch of salt.
- 5Remove the chickpeas from the oven and push them to one side of the pan. Place salmon on the other side and season with the remaining ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Bake until the salmon is just cooked through, 5 to 8 minutes.
- 6Drizzle the reserved dressing on the salmon, garnish with more herbs, if desired, and serve with the kale and chickpeas.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED © 2019 EatingWell.comPrinted From EatingWell.com 3/25/2019